Bio-Medical Informatics Group
The Bio-Medical Informatics Group (Bio-MIG) affiliates to the Microwave & Fiber Optics Laboratory of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the National Technical University of Athens.
It is also part of the Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS) .
The Bio-MIG was formed in 1996, and since then it is actively involved in research and development of various techniques related to the medical image processing software and medical informatics. It is strongly co-operated with various clinics and National and Private Hospital in Greece and Europe.
The main areas of involvement of the Bio-MIG are the followings:
- Medical Image Processing
- Digital Biosignal Processing
- Automatic Registration and Fusion of Multidimensional Medical Data
- Visualization of Medical Data
- Optimization Techniques and Application to Bioinformatics
- Development of Decision Support Systems in Medicine
- Medical Information Systems
- Tele-medicine Applications
Since 1996, the Bio-MIG has been extensively involved in various projects, National and European projects, and research activities for processing medical data.